Community-Based Research Canada
Founded in 2008, Community-Based Research Canada’s (CBRC) vision is to be a national champion and facilitator for community-based research (CBR) and campus-community engagement in Canada that is of socio-cultural, economic and environmental benefit to Canadians and Indigenous peoples in Canada. CBRC’s Steering Committee brings together key players of community-campus partnerships. CBRC is a network that builds capacity for academia and the wider community to collaborate and use research as a tool to mobilize community, participation and action.
CBRC supports and connects Canadian networks such as the Canadian Alliance for Community Service Learning, Research Impact and Community-Campus Partnerships for Health and global networks such as the Living Knowledge Network in Europe, the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement in the United Kingdom and the Global Alliance for Community Engaged Research.
Since 2008, CBRC has focused on leading and supporting research and policy papers, convening annual CBR gatherings, supporting two CU Expos and developing a national and globally connected community of CBR and community-university engagement leaders. CBRC supported the development of the new UNESCO Chair in Social Responsibility in CBR and Higher Educations (held between Canada and India).
- Become a member. Sign up as an organization or individual. For more information visit our “Members” page or email email@example.com
- Attend the annual CU Expo. See our upcoming events to find out when the next conference is taking place. Links to past CU Expos are listed on our “Resources” page.
- Share your vision for the CBRC and the Canadian university-engagement and research movement. Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will report back on results in September 2013.
- • 20 Presidents of Higher Education Institutions sign a national charter to underscore their commitment to the civic and community engagement role and responsibilities of their institutions
- CBRC Summer 2014 Newsletter
- CBRC Strategic Plan 2014-2018 - YOUR Comments are Welcome!
- CBRC Winter 2013-2014 Newsletter
- CBRC Invite
- No upcoming Events currently listed. Check the Events Calendar for previous events.