The University of Victoria offers innovative programs for more than 20,000 students. Dynamic, hands-on learning, research that makes a vital impact, and discovery and innovation in Canada’s most extraordinary academic environment provide an Edge that can’t be found anywhere else.
Beyond the classroom, UVic is deeply immersed in the life of communities around the world. With civic engagement a key part of our mission, our faculty, students and staff walk side by side with community partners in Canada and abroad, tackling together the essential issues that matter to people, places and the planet.
UVic’s internationally recognized areas of research strength include:
- Creativity and culture
- Data science and cyber physical systems
- Environment, climate and energy
- Global studies and social justice
- Health and life sciences
- Indigenous research
- Ocean science and technology
- Physical sciences and engineering, mathematics and computer science