What we are doing
Since 2008, CBRC has focused on leading and supporting research and policy papers, convening annual CBR gatherings, supporting two CUEXPO’s and developing a national and globally connected community of CBR and community-university engagement leaders. CBRC supported the development of the new UNESCO Chair in Social Responsibility in CBR and Higher Educations (held between Canada and India).
Research, Policy and Advocacy Engagement
- Provide a bridging function for social and research innovation in Canada between different perspectives, research cultures, disciplines and knowledge production.
- Understand and measure CBR impacts locally and nationally.
- Support policy, development and advocacy focused on public engagement and CBR in Canada
- Connect local and global initiatives to the national realm
National Movement and Capacity Building
- Create spaces for learning, capacity building and reflections on CBR theories, methodologies, practices and impacts
- Strengthen core support for CUExpo’s semi-annual conference
- Organize annual gathering of CBRC Steering Ctte and Membership
Communications and Network Support
- Provide e-news, resource and networking opportunities via the website, creative methods and social media
- Create and connect stronger student, community, campus and local-national-global network exchange