What we are doing
Since 2008, CBRC has focused on leading and supporting research and policy papers, convening annual CBR gatherings, supporting two CU Expos and developing a national and globally connected community of CBR and community-university engagement leaders. CBRC supported the development of the new UNESCO Chair in Social Responsibility in CBR and Higher Education (held between Canada and India).
Research, Policy and Advocacy Engagement
- Provide a bridging function for social and research innovation in Canada between different perspectives, research cultures, disciplines and knowledge production
- Understand and measure CBR impacts locally and nationally
- Support policy, development and advocacy focused on public engagement and CBR in Canada
- Connect local and global initiatives to the national realm
National Movement and Capacity Building
- Create spaces for learning, capacity building and reflections on CBR theories, methodologies, practices and impacts
- Strengthen core support for CU Expo’s bi-annual conference
- Organize annual gathering of CBRC Steering Committee and Membership
- Develop new CBRC student internship program.
Communications and Network Support
- Provide e-news, resource and networking opportunities via the website, creative methods and social media
- Create and connect stronger student, community, campus and local-national-global network exchange
- RA - Indigenous Research Methodologies P/T Position with UNESCO Chair in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education
- RA - Open Access Repository P/T Position with UNESCO Chair in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education
- • 20 Presidents of Higher Education Institutions sign a national charter to underscore their commitment to the civic and community engagement role and responsibilities of their institutions
- CBRC Summer 2014 Newsletter
- CBRC Strategic Plan 2014-2018 - YOUR Comments are Welcome!
- No upcoming Events currently listed. Check the Events Calendar for previous events.